Wednesday, April 2, 2008
The restoration crew set up scaffolding in the front of Farmers Bank to hang or rehang 5 shutters that needed repair/replacement. We found that the existing shutters on the upper 2 floors don't fully function as shutters, but are there more to satisfy architectural decor. We had to consolidate behind the pintles of two of the 3rd floor windows. We have found the windows to be very much out of square, due to settling of the window arches. There is also a long diagonal crack in the masonry in the front, extending at least two floors. We successfully installed two shutters today and hope to finish by the close of thursday. No pictures again!